Water Treatment and Legionella
What Lab-Mech Limited Can Do For You?
- Assessment of health risks at work involving substances hazardous to health
- Prevention or control of exposure to substances hazardous to health (water)
- Use of control measures
- Maintenance, inspection and checking of control measures
- Information, instruction and training for person who may be exposed to substances hazardous to health
Lab-mech can offer a free visit to site, to advise and give a fixed yearly costing that fits the needs of your business surrounding your water management and care. The benefits to using Lab-mech Limited is that all our engineers are also qualified plumbers and we offer full system management from leaking taps to water treatment and care.
Systems should be operated at temperatures which minimise the growth of legionella and should be kept clean and free of nutrients which could encourage bacteria contamination
Weekly rotations of run and standby boosted cold water secondary HWS circulation pumps to prevent stagnation in the standby pump.
- Routine checking of operation and condition or the systems
- 2 weekly/monthly temperatures of hot water storage and representative number of outlets should be checked and distribution temperatures recorded.
- A full temperature audit carried out annually.
- Annually check of hot water storage vessels for build-up of organic materials and scale these should be cleaned as required or flushing via drain outlet at 6 monthly intervals and particular attention should be paid to the system operating temperatures
- Annual inspection of the condition of the cold water storage tanks
- Annual inspection of the condition of accessible pipework and insulation
- 3 monthly checks of shower heads and dismantling cleaning de scaling and disinfection to ensure a negligible build-up of deposits inc all other outlets (taps ect).
- Annually servicing of mixing and blending valves
- Items of plant such as water softeners, filters and strainers in accordance with the manufacturer
- Weekly flushing of safety showers which operate from an independent cold water storage tank
More on maintenance….
- Each hot and cold water system should be disinfected in accordance with L8 if routine inspection shows it to be necessary or if the system has been significantly altered or entered for maintenance purposes
- Where practicable the disinfection should be arranged to concede were the cleaning and descaling work to the hot and cold water storage tanks and vessels
- Annual review of legionella audit.
IF YOU NEED A PLUMBING OR HEATING WORKS UNDERTAKEN LOOK NO FURTHER CALL: